This year around was a bit tough, so I will be short with my list of favorite movies and TV series.
I just want to mention first that I had a bit more fun with Television this year thanks to mainly 3 series: Better Call Saul (best of the best!), The Romanoffs and Westworld.
And now the list with several comments:
- Annihilation – I watched it in the very beginning of 2018, but nothing got closer to perfection after that. Truly the best one, encompassing every possible current topic! Just a bit dark and unforgiving 🙂
- Blindspotting – a perfect and very fresh movie! Loved it from every angle!
- Loro – Italian cinema never disappoints me! Great and very provocative!
- Eight grade – very gentle and modern experience which touched me as a father.
- Isle of dogs – best animation of the year, no doubt.
- The Favourite – Best characters and acting in cinema this year!
- Sorry to Bother you – fresh and innovative, I really enjoyed this piece.
- The man who killed don Quixote – my kind of movie, although not the best editing and direction. Still, I felt really good receiving such an experience from Terry Gilliam!
- A star is born – best music, very good adaptation and direction. Best supporting actor in 2018!
- Everybody knows – the warm experience and depth of relationships kept me interested and also taught me something.
- BlackKklansman – I had to put it in the list. There are some scenes where I laughed out so loud, that it really hurt.
In the end – you can’t really beat that picturesque scene, depicting 2018 for me 🙂 Wish all the best to everybody for the new 2019!